The School of Economics at Henan University, which offers the International Trade and Economics degree, is one of the largest economic departments/schools worldwide. It has currently 160 faculty members and more than 3,000 students. Its history goes back to 1927 with the first establishment of a department of economics at Henan University.
The school of economics is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research. Our faculty members are active researchers that regularly publish in well-known international journals such as China Economic Review, Macroeconomic Dynamics, and the Journal of International Money and Finance, but also participate in leading national and provincial research projects in China.
We hosted international and national conferences in Kaifeng, among them the Henan Symposium on Development and Institutional Economics and the HenU / INFER Workshop on Applied Macroeconomics.
The School of Economics expanded its international focus in recent years through various activities. Among them are close cooperations with universities in the US, Europe, Canada or Japan for student exchanges as well as research collaborations, special economics classes that are exclusively taught in English, but also the recruitment of new (often foreign) faculty members with excellent educational background from the US or Europe.
We regularly send our young staff members and scholars abroad for academic visiting programs and we established a close cooperation for our students with Stony Brook University in the US, University of Windsor in Canada, Cardiff Business School in the UK, and Nihon University in Japan.
- We invite many well-known international and domestic scholars to give lectures and seminar presentations, among them were Nobel Laureates in Economics, James J. Heckman (Chicago University), Dale T. Mortensen (Northwestern University, Evanston), and Robert Mundell (Columbia University, NY).
- We are welcoming international students on all levels to study in our Economic programs taught in English. Our students have on the other side the opportunity to spend a part of their studies abroad at our partner universities.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Business View 44 other Masters in International Relations in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Below 40 years old
- Graduated from college
- English language proficiency
- Study plan
- Bank statement
- Certificate of non-criminal record
- Bachelor's degree diploma
- Undergraduate school transcript
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Passport photo
- English language proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation
International2771 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2771 EUR per year during 36 months.
RMB 20,000 Per Year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.