At Food Science and Technology from Cape Peninsula University of Technology the research problem, including its justification, process and outcome, is reported in a dissertation, which complies with generally accepted international norms at this level.
Qualified food technologists are employed in industrial food manufacturing concerns, such as bakeries, beverage manufacturers (soft drinks, beer and wine), bottling plants, canning companies, dairies, fish and meat processors. They are involved in production, quality assurance, and product development. Research opportunities exist in companies, as well as in research institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Maillard Reaction Products – antioxidants and flavouring food components.
- Antioxidant phytochemicals in sorghum
- Effect of indigenous garlic antioxidants on Fusarium spp.
- UV pasteurization as an alternative processing technology
- African seeds and cereals
- Propionibacterium spp.: Vitamin B12 and Folate synthesis; EPS as potential food hydrocolloids
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Nutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 20 other Masters in Food Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An HEQSF aligned Level 8 qualification or an equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International528 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 528 EUR per year during 24 months.
National528 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 528 EUR per year during 24 months.
Estimated fee: 9165 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.