This unique MA Musical Theatre Creatives at Leeds Conservatoire focuses on students' particular needs to develop their skills in their field (composition, dance and dramaturgy etc), whilst simultaneously generating work as a collective with other creatives across the MAs.
Working with leading institutions from across the North and with practitioners that include composers, lyricists, and book-writers (the creative team of a musical), students will leave the course with a portfolio of work to take into the industry, to peers to build a creative team with, and leave with a unique artistic voice to shape the theatre of tomorrow.
Mastery of SkillMusical Theatre Creatives, be they writers,composers or choreographers, will work with experts and professionals focused on the individual student's area of interest through individual placements and classes tailored totheir learning. Whether working with MA composition students, shadowing guest choreographers, or developing work for devising and dramaturgical classes, students will learn by doing rather than through theory, to become a master in their field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you will study
- Creative and Collaborative Thinking
- Applied Musical Theatre Context
- Skills of the Musical Theatre Creative
- Performance Project
- Major project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Music History Theatre & Dance View 69 other Masters in Music History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A good honours degree in any subject, with an upper 2nd (2:1) classification or equivalent, usually theatre, music ortheatre/music-related, but qualifications in other fields will also be reviewed and considered.
- Equivalent professional experience may also be accepted and reviewed at application and audition stages (see our APELprocess),
- All suitable applicants are invited for interview and/or audition
- All students requiring a visa to study in the UK must meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department's English
- Language requirement of IELTS 6.0 with no sub-test less than 5.5
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.