Governments and industry are working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and these efforts present both risks and opportunities. Rapidly developing international and national regulatory regimes create legal complexities, and this LLM The Low Carbon Just Transition from University of Dundee will help you to navigate these.
You'll study regulatory and environmental issues, infrastructure, and project finance, which will give you an understanding of emissions trading and renewable energy markets.
Examine the role of international and national law, looking at the legislative and policy steps that countries are putting in place to help achieve climate change, and drive the transition to a sustainable energy system worldwide.
You will learn about the key societal issues that are a feature of the energy sector globally. Such issues include jobs, disclosure and transparency, ethics and equality, and how we can achieve a just transition to a low-carbon economy.
You could go on to work in:
- international and national oil and gas companies
- utilities, transmission system operators, and regulators
- international organisations, government and ministries
- banks and insurance companies
- law firms
- Energy and Climate Science, Policy and Litigation
- Just Transition to a Low-Carbon Economy
- Legal Framework for International Project Finance
- Analytical Tools for Energy Economics
- Financial and Project Analysis of Natural Resources and Energy Ventures
- International Petroleum Law and Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) Natural Resource Management View 57 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United Kingdom
- An honours degree in Law, Economics, Finance, Geology, Petroleum, or Mining Engineering at lower second class or above
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who explain clearly their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.