- It consists of a set of lectures, seminars and lab courses followed by a project in a research group, accomplished by a thesis. The master is a joint initiative of the Departments of Physics, Chemistry and Electrical Engineering of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology.
- It was designed to bridge the gap between nanoscience and nano-technology. The part related to nanoscience includes chemical preparation of nano-scale compounds and their characterization by physical methods, while the part related to nanotechnology is focused to devices, e.g. nano-electronics and photonic devices based on nano-scale structures. This requires a highly interdisciplinary approach which is reflected in the research activity of the present work groups and the equipment available at the school of science and technology of the University of Siegen. It allows to persue research covering all aspects of modern Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
- The master program at the University of Siegen leads to the acquisition of analytical and methodological competences in the fields of nanoscience and nanotechnology, with in-depth education and training in physics, chemistry and technology. Graduates are thus prepared for conducting research in academia and industry, but also to a career in service and consulting companies. Moreover, the master degree qualifies students for a PhD program. In particular, the interdisciplinary character of the course enables them to investigate topics at the interface of physics, chemistry and engineering.
- atomic force microscopy
- focussed ion beam lithography
- electron microscopy (SEM, EDX, WDX, ESEM, TEM)
- optical and confocal fluorescence
- synthetic nano-chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 139 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Electrical engineering (with grade 2.7 or better)
- If the above requirements are not met there is the possibility to qualify on the basis of letters of recommendation and/or a discussion with academic experts.
- English as a native language; or TOEFL (Code No. 8429) 533 (paper-based), 200 (computer-based), 72 (internet-based); or CAE level C; or IELTS grade 6 or equivalent; or English on level B2 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There is a semester fee of approximately EUR 250 due before every semester start as part of (re-)registration
Living costs for Siegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.