The master's degree in Fundamental Principles of Data Science from University of Barcelona's students will develop the ability to modify algorithms and create new ones, to adapt to the specific needs of a problem. Consequently, the course includes aspects that cover a wide area: computational algebra, optimisation or probabilistic programming, automatic learning techniques and deep learning, complex networks, recommendation systems, applications to natural language processing, time series, extraction of information in images, and support for infrastructures that process big data.Learning objectivesThe Master's Degree in Fundamental Principles of Data Science aims to provide the tools, knowledge and competences required to work effectively as a data scientist. The course focuses on the competences required to understand, modify and create algorithms, analytical and exploratory methods and techniques; as well as leadership abilities and the development of effective data-based projects.
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Bayesian Statistics and Probabilistic Programming
- Machine Learning
- Agile Data Learning
- Presentation and Data Visualisation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An official Spanish university degree;
- A university degree issued by a university regulated by the European Higher Education Area which would entitle the applicant to enrol on an equivalent master's degree course in any other EHEA-regulated institution;
- A university degree issued by a university outside the EHEA framework, although in this case applicants must obtain either prior validation of their degree certificate, or the University of Barcelona's official, written recognition that their degree certificate adequately qualifies them for EHEA university master's degree studies.
- B2 English Certificate
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA2820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.