This Sports Journalism is a highly vocational Masters programme from Liverpool John Moores University, which provides practical training in multi-media sports reporting and production. It will arm you with key practical skills such as filming, editing, shorthand, CMS, analytics among others.
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
You will be given an in-depth understanding of sports journalism as a profession and we strive to highlight to you the full range of career options available to you when you leave.
Your career and academic development are at the heart of our course design. As well as career opportunities in sports journalism, the course will open doors into areas such as PR (public relations), information management, press office/comms roles in sports clubs and organisations, sports production companies, marketing.
- Essential Sports Journalism and Professional Practice
- Media Law, Regulation and Court Reporting
- Journalism in Context
- Multi-Platform Sports Journalism
- Sports Portfolio and Professional Practice
- Research Skills for Journalists
- Major Journalism Dissertation
- Major Journalism Practical Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Sports Sciences View 362 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- All short-listed applicants will be invited to attend an informal interview (via Skype/telephone/Zoom in not possible in person and for international students)
- International students should have recognised qualifications equivalent to a British Bachelors degree preferably in a relevant subject (e.g. Journalism, Media Studies, English Language, English Literature, Politics, History, Law, Sociology, Sports Studies, Sports Science, Sport Performance) with a pass of at least 2:2 plus an IELTS or an equivalent English language test accepted by UKVI
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8135 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8135 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.