Chemistry takes place everywhere, and chemical knowledge is needed for:
- progress in modern medicine
- tackling global and local environmental issues
- developing new, functional materials and products
- Analytical Chemistry and Chemometry
- NMR spectroscopy
- Organic synthesis and drug chemistry
- Organic geochemistry, petroleum chemistry and renewable fuels
- Environmental chemistry
- Inorganic nanochemistry and catalysis
- Molecular modeling
- Natural substance chemistry
- Nanoparticles and colloid chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 11 other Masters in Chemistry in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The master's program in Chemistry is based on a bachelor degree in Chemistry or equivalent, with at least 70 credits in chemistry and covering at least 3 of the following fields: organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry and analytical chemistry. In addition, the degree must contain at least 10 credits of mathematics.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The semester fee is NOK 590
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.