The Theoretical Economics programme is offered by Southwest Jiaotong University.
The frequent academic exchange activities foster rich international exchange and international education experience of the discipline platform, which has won the recognition of all sectors of society and has made positive contribution to local economic development.
The first-level master’s degree of Theoretical Economics was authorized in 2012 and was established on the basis of the original second-level master’s degree of World Economics. The degree conferring spot officially started enrolling postgraduate students in September 2012. Until now, it has enrolled students for eight years, has five cohorts of graduates, and has cultivated more than 30 graduates.
At present, there are eight master students under the degree conferring spot.
In recent years, faculty of this degree conferring spot have undertaken more than ten various scientific research projects, including projects of National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and National Social Science Foundation of China (NSSFC), and provincial and ministerial projects. Also, faculty has published quite a few academic monographs and textbooks which has won awards above the provincial level, and has published more than 30 academic papers in major academic journals at home and abroad.
- Loving the motherland, abiding by the laws and regulations, and having good moral character, students are expected to serve national economic construction, and possess a solid theoretical foundation and systematic expertise of modern economics.
- Students can extract and study the economic theory with Chinese characteristics and economic research paradigm from the reality; be able to grasp modern western economics and participate in the academic development of international economics; and possess innovative spirits and the ability to engage in scientific research, teaching, management, or independently undertake specialized technical work related with economics.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Over 16 years old (including) and under 35 years old
- Healthy and non-Chinese citizen
International1159 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3479 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
RMB 22 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.