Theoretical and applied questions in financial economics are not only important key competences for jobs bearing responsibility in finance and insurance companies and financial supervisory authorities, but also in research and teaching.
Theories of business management and economics, statistics and econometrics, as well as theories specific to capital markets all form the basis of teaching, which, in addition to strongly focusing on research, also frequently refer to practice in the financial market.
What possibilities do I have with a Master's Degree in Quantitative Finance programme from University of Kiel?
Graduates of the Quantitative Finance programme can expect a fulfilling career not only in the financial industry like banking, but also in different fields, such as consulting, research institutes, statistical reporting, business and commercial areas.
Companies hire graduates of the Quantitative Finance programme because of their ability as quantitative analysts to resolve financial and risk issues. Students can therefore choose to specialise in the field that they are interested in to gain more experience in the theoretical applications of the programme.
- Risk and Uncertainty
- Behavioural and Neuroeconomics
- Portfolio Analysis
- Econometrics for Financial Markets
- Statistics for Financial Markets
- Multivariate Method
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 29 other Masters in Econometrics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form of your educational background
- Copy of your passport – Please make a copy of the photo page of your passport (with your name and photo)
- Payment receipt for the UNI-ASSIST application fee
- School-leaving certificate entitling the holder to study at university in his/her home country, with a list of subjects and grades
- University certificates (e.g. your Bachelor's or Master's degree) including the corresponding list of subjects with individual grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
There is no tuition fee for studying at CAU Kiel! This applies to international students as well.
Living costs for Kiel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.