Since the beginning of the 21st century, there has been an escalation in migration and human mobility for different reasons. Neo-liberal structural adjustment policies, globalization, flexibility in the global labor market, poverty, armed conflicts, and finally, religious, ethnic, and cultural discrimination made the migration either an obligation or opportunity for different societal strata.
In the meantime, migration became a common phenomenon, spread geographically, and now most of the world's countries stand as the receiving country, sending country, transitory country, or as three of them at the same time.
The graduates of the TED University Migration Studies Program;
- are equipped with methodological competency in migration studies.
- became academically competent in multidisciplinary (political, economic, sociological, and psychological dimensions) migration studies.
- have the capability in different institutional structures and constitutions, which are working on migration.
- know the legal framework about the national and international migration and migration administration.
- informed about the fundamental disquieting issues in the migration, and are also informed about the difficulties in immigrants' lives.
- know about the different shareholders in this field and grasp how the collaboration with these shareholders can be improved.
- make predictions, detect the prior fields, do research, and develop policy recommendations with the insight he/she acquired in his/her studies.
The alumni, who graduated from the program, can study at the universities interested in the migration subject and work in public institutions, international organizations, and finally in non-governmental organizations that raise its impacts gradually in the field.
- Theories of Migration
- Scientific Research Methods and Ethics
- International Politics of Migration
- Thesis Preperation Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Non-thesis 90 ECTS
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics International Development Political Science View 8 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Turkey
- Candidates who graduated from any Social Sciences field that provides four-year undergraduate education like Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Political Science and International Relations, Business and Administration, Statistics and Economics, Education departments, and the Faculty of Law can apply. The graduates of the exemplified departments above will be prioritized.
- To have at least a 2.50 / 4 undergraduate GPA,
- To meet the English language proficiency criteria of TED University English Language School,
International4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.