At London Met you’ll develop your teaching strategies and pedagogical techniques as well as exploring the fundamentals of how children learn. These study sessions will include collaborative projects and school-based work with other trainees, as well as how to implement teaching and pupil assessment.
Our PGCE Secondary Science with Physics course at London Metropolitan University uses its London location to widen your experience of teaching in multicultural urban environments. Through your placements at one of our partnership secondary schools you’ll help develop lesson plans and contribute to the development of pupils’ scientific skills and knowledge. London Met also provides you with the opportunity for post-16-year-old teaching experience where possible.
Where this course can take you
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) for teaching science at Key Stage 3 (ages 11-14) and Key Stage 4 (ages 14-16) and your physics specialism at Key Stage 4. London Metropolitan University's trainees have an excellent rate of gaining Qualified Teacher Status and finding teaching positions within six months of graduating. Our trainees have gone on to become physics teachers at schools such as Brentside High School in the London Borough of Ealing.
This course is accredited by the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Studies
- Professionalism and Inclusive Practice
- School Experience to Progress Point
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences Teaching View 173 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- a UK degree, preferably grade 2.2 or equivalent, in physics or related subjects including geology, metallurgy, chemical engineering and forensic science
- literacy and numeracy tests — these are university-based tests, which you will be asked to undertake at your interview
- a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate and Confirmation of Fitness to Teach (eg a London Metropolitan University Health Check) which you will be advised to apply for after an offer is made
- GCSE English and Mathematics grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)*
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.