It is run collaboratively with the English and Media Centre (EMC), an award-winning educational charity. EMC tutors will provide you with support throughout the Secondary English with Drama course at London Metropolitan University , drawing on their extensive experience of consultancy for schools and running Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for teachers.
You'll also have a dedicated drama specialist tutor, who will support your development as a school practitioner, adept at working within the many varied contexts offered in the world of drama in education.
Through this Secondary English with Drama course at London Metropolitan University, you'll learn how to work flexibly and creatively in the classroom and drama studio, inspiring pupils with a love of arts and literature and giving them the vital skills to communicate effectively.
You’ll learn how to promote high standards of language and literacy, developing a strong command of the spoken and written word. The skills you'll learn on this course will enable your pupils to develop their creativity and powers of expression.
Where this course can take you
Most of our trainees go on to take up roles in schools as Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT) including with many of our partner schools or in their placement schools.
Graduates of our PGCE training courses are spread across the educational world, in many cases reaching positions of leadership including Head teachers and advisors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Studies (CS) is a taught module, assessed by a synoptic essay. Curriculum Studies is where you'll learn about the specific requirements and methods of teaching in your subject or phase.
- Professional and Inclusive Practice (PIP) is the second taught module, assessed by an Education Research Project, which you'll undertake towards the end of the course.
- School Experience A is a school-based placement, which introduces you to the practicalities of teaching in a secondary school environment. It runs from October to December and is assessed on your progress towards meeting the Teacher Standards.
- School Experience B is the second school-based placement, in a different setting, during which you'll hone the skills and attributes necessary to succeed in the classroom.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend that you submit your application to us as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 217 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You'll be required to have:
- a UK degree, preferably grade 2.2 or equivalent, in a relevant subject or with a considerable proportion of the content in the subject
- GCSE English grade B/6 and GCSE Mathematics grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)*
- London Met Health Check
- literacy and numeracy tests — these are university-based tests, which you will be asked to undertake at your interview
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15576 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15576 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Guildford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.