From exercise physiology to neurorehabilitation. And from muscle function to motor development.
The one-year Human Movement Sciences - High Performance Coaching MSc programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam provides ample possibilities for customization of your personal programme, so that you can create a profile that fits your interests. You can chose between four different tracks: Rehabilitation, Biophysics in Sport, Sport Psychology and High Performance Coaching.
The degree qualifies you as a scientist with career opportunities in applied research or in vocational education.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
- This track has been developed in collaboration with the Amsterdam Institute of Sport Science, and focuses on the application of scientific (biophysical and sport psychological) knowledge in the field of sport coaching.
- For this reason, you will conduct your research project in collaboration with a sport coach.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent. Your Bachelor’s programme should include basic knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Psychology at the level of "Introductory textbooks". You also should have obtained sufficient research skills and knowledge of Mathematics and Physics.
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU residents)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter including the track of your choice. Please use this form.
- Transcript of records
- Description of courses (and associated literature) that are relevant for Human Movement Sciences.
International16630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16630 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.