Why study Smart Mobility Data Science and Analytics at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School?
Data is central to our future and technological advancement. As we continue to urbanize and gather more data about our mobility patterns and urban systems, the challenge is not simply the amount of data, but how we manage them, critically understand their quality, and utilize findings to address our cities’ most pressing challenges. Today, there is an expanding need to forge a new generation of data scientists, capable of exploring our ever-increasing urban data and extracting meaningful insights. Such work is critical to supporting cities’ strategic decisions and pushing us towards a more sustainable future, centred on efficient resource use, a clean environment, equitable citizen engagement, and a healthy, low-carbon society.
Smart Mobility Data Science and Analytics at EIT Urban Mobility Master School integrates entrepreneurship & innovation throughout the coursework and was launched to train future elite data scientists in urban mobility and innovation.
Where can I study Smart Mobility Data Science and Analytics?
The available universities for the Smart Mobility Data Science and Analytics programme are**:
- Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- University of Tartu, Estonia
- UPC Barcelona Tech, Spain
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy
What are the career opportunties?
With our program, you will not just gain a degree as a data scientist in transportation and mobility. You will graduate with training in entrepreneurship & innovation, practical experience in the industry, and a strong network throughout the EU, unlocking incredible opportunities for your career in the world of Big Mobility Data.
The skills acquired during the program are highly demanded in all the sectors related to mobility and transport and at every level in the industry - private companies in logistics and transport management, ride-sharing startups, the automotive sector, and cities and public institutions.
Programme StructureAll programmes at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year each at two different universities–the “entry” university and the “exit” university. All options are located at a leading university in Europe in the field of urban mobility.
- Graduating students will be awarded two officially recognised Master of Science degrees, from each of the two universities. Moreover, the programme is designed so that students may attain the qualifications for a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
- During the first-year studies, students will be introduced Innovation and Entrepreneurship and participate in an extended Challenge Project. During the same year, students will acquire essential technical skills for working with urban mobility challenges.
The programme welcomes candidates who have a solid foundation in analytical problem solving, as demonstrated by a degree in Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics or Geoinformation Technology. The programme also encourages other relevant disciplines, provided they have verifiable experience in programming, calculus, linear algebra, and mathematical statistics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The application process is divided into two periods:
- Period 1
- Period 2
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 43 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree encompassing a minimum of 180 ECTS credits or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognized university.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate education may also apply and if qualified, receive a conditional acceptance.
- If you have not completed your studies, please include a written statement from the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled in the final year of your education and giving your expected completion date – which should be before the start of the Master’s programme.
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.