The Inclusion and Special Educational Needs (ISEN) programme will enable in-service teachers, school leaders, policy leaders, and others working directly or indirectly with children with disabilities in the UK, Europe, and around the world to study across a broad spectrum of inclusion and special educational needs.
There are three core modules within the ISEN programme which you will need to complete in the first year. The aims of these modules are as follows:
- an overarching understanding of educational inclusion and SEND and associated policies;
- frameworks for evaluating policies and practice; and
- introductions to different SEND groupings (as conceptualised in many educational systems).
- an exploration of the socio-cultural conceptualisations of disability and SEND practice in a global context
This Inclusion and Special Educational Needs programme from the University of Birmingham is designed to supplement professionals already working in the field, or those seeking a general introduction to topics within inclusion and special educational needs. In general, this includes teachers, education advisors, special educational needs coordinators, head teachers in schools, managers of community and charitable organisations, support workers in places such as a university or workplace disability service unit, social workers or nurses providing care for persons with disabilities, or a staff member of a Ministry of Education or Ministry of Health, amongst other things.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cross-Cultural Issues in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Evaluation and Policy Analysis for Inclusive Education
- Inclusion: Individual and group differences
- Dyslexia and Learning Difficulties
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (Distance Learning/Blended Learning)
- Autism (Children)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 866 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Please note that we require you have at least 2 years professional experience in the areas you wish to study before you can be considered.
International6480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6480 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3420 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3420 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.