Psychology of Physical Activity, Health and Well-being at University of Jyväskylä is centred around the systematic application of behaviour change theory and methods to design, implement and evaluate interventions in the area of physical activity promotion and sport performance enhancement.
This approach equips students to address physical activity and health challenges. In addition, the PsyAct programme enables students to support the translation of evidence into practice across disciplines and sectors. Graduates from the programme will be employed in the private and public sectors as, for example, psychological health and well-being consultants, performance enhancement consultants, or academic researchers. The programme includes a practicum period to be carried out within sport and health facilities, private companies, sport academies, or training centers.
The programme is designed to prepare students for careers in the private and public sectors as, for example, psychological health and well-being consultants, performance enhancement consultants, or academic researchers. The programme includes a practicum period to be carried out within sport and health facilities, private companies, sport academies, or training centers. As the programme is both research and practice oriented, alumni of our previous programmes in sport and exercise psychology have been well employable. In addition, graduates of the programme are also qualified to apply for PhD studies at the higher education institutions in Finland or in universities in other countries.
- Group Dynamics
- Psychology of Coaching
- Theories and Techniques of Physical Activity and Health Behaviour Change
- Emotional Regulation in Sport
- Quantitative Research Methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued.
- Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level.
The higher education degree must be in the fields of
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Other Sport Sciences (e.g. Physical Education, Kinesiology, Coaching, Social Sciences of Sport)
- Psychology (e.g. Social Psychology, General Psychology)
- Other related fields (e.g. Health Sciences, Education)
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.