International Masters in Economy, State and Society (IMESS) at Charles University offers four different discipline-based tracks of study: Economics and Business; Politics and Security; Politics and the International Economy; and History and Society. The spine of the programme consists of interdisciplinary training and language tuition and is completed with a research-based dissertation. Graduates typically assume leadership positions in distinguished private and public sector organisations (including, e.g. IMF, EBRD), banks and financial institutions, diplomacy and media.
IMESS offers you the chance to study the economies, states and societies of Central and Eastern Europe over a two-year period across a consortium of powerful European universities coordinated by UCL – one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary universities. All students will spend their first year at UCL SSEES and their second year at a partner university of their choice.
Our graduates have taken leadership positions in distinguished private and public sector organisations (including the IMF, EBRD, Risk Control, banks and financial institutions, diplomacy and media, civil service, self-employment) and many have continued with doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Political Economy of International Business
- International Macroeconomic Policy
- Czech as a Foreign Language
- Russian Language
- European Economic Policies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- February - early bird deadline (visa countries)
- April - regular deadline (non-visa countries)
- June - second early bird deadline (visa countries)
- August - second regular deadline (non-visa countries)
- November - the admission process starts for the following year
DisciplinesEconomics Area & Cultural Studies Political Science View 21 other Masters in Economics in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You need to hold (or expect to obtain) an upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject area. If your Bachelors degree is in an unrelated subject, you must demonstrate their interest in IMESS through the supplementary questionnaire.
- If your first language is not English, you must provide recent evidence that your spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programme e.g. ‘good’ level in accordance with UCL English Language Policy.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20680 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20680 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA11620 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11620 EUR per year during 24 months.
- The tuition fee for the second year at FSV UK is 8 900 EUR per year
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.