The Dental Education programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is designed to meet the needs of an inter-professional care team. Dentists and Dental Care Professionals and their extended team will all benefit from the support provided by the course team, gaining the knowledge and skills needed to become effective in developing others.
The environment in which training takes place becomes a learning community. This maximises the opportunity for learning for all. Where identified, development needs are considered and supported.
Why study with us
Much of the course content is delivered via the University’s eLearn system, which means you can prepare work ahead of the on-campus study days and undertake additional work independently from home.
You’ll develop critical knowledge and an evaluation of the theory, practice, context and associated research applied to Dental Education. You’ll also undertake an independent research study in the management of Dental Education based on your personal or professional interests.
You’ll learn what’s needed to facilitate effective learning within and outside of the workplace. And you’ll be able to select and apply best practice principles to teaching, assessing, supporting learning and giving feedback to others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Project
- Appraising the Educational Literature
- Teaching Methods and Approaches
- Assessment in Dental Education
- Mentoring in Dental Practice
- Facilitating Learning in Healthcare Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Dentistry View 124 other Masters in Dentistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a relevant Dental degree such as Dental Hygiene or Dental Therapy or equivalent
- Be actively engaged in dental practice
- IELTS: 7.0 or equivalent in all components
- All suitable applicants will be interviewed
- If you have already completed Facilitating Learning and or Mentoring in Dental Practice or equivalent please contact Vicky Buller to discuss entry onto the programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National1152 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1152 GBP per module during 36 months.
per 20 credits
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.