The MA Film programme is taught by experts in Film and seeks to engage you with the key elements that make up the diverse nature of film and moving images.
You spend the entire year at Kent’s Paris School of Arts and Culture where you study at the Columbia Global Center (known as Reid Hall), which is located in a historic corner of Montparnasse in the heart of Paris. This allows you to participate in excursions to prominent cultural locations and make use of research resources that are only available in Paris, such as the French Cinémathèque. You study film within the context of a city that is central both to the development of filmmaking practices and to critical and theoretical approaches to the cinema.
The Film programme from University of Kent can also be studied between Canterbury and Paris, with the first term at our Canterbury campus and the spring term at our centre in Paris. You can also study the programme at Canterbury only.
Arts graduates have gone on to work in a range of professions, from museum positions and teaching roles to film journalists and theatre technicians. Our graduates have found work at Universal Pictures, the London Film Festival and other arts, culture and heritage-related organisations, as well as in film production, as editorial assistants and as web designers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film and Modernity Paris
- Film History: Research Methods in Paris
- Key Concepts and Classic Texts in History and Philosophy of Art
- Modern Art in Paris
- Urban Design Project
- Theory and History of Urban Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for applications from home/EU students, though we strongly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 16 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in France
- An upper second-class honours degree or better, usually in a relevant humanities subject. In certain circumstances, the School will consider candidates who have not followed a conventional education path or who may have relevant experience in the industry. These cases are assessed individually by the Director of Graduate Studies.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International18750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18750 EUR per year during 12 months.
National11150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11150 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.