This Comparative International Relations programme at Ca' Foscari University of Venice is the only one in Italy focused on International Relations that provides you with a rich understanding of international law and economics while deepening your knowledge of languages and foreign cultures. It immerses you in linguistic and cultural studies regarding Europe, Asia and the Atlantic world, something Ca’ Foscari has done since its founding in 1868, and empowers you to explore, understand and analyse international relations through juridical, economic, historical and political lenses. By the end of the programme, you will be able to fluently communicate in both English and a second language as well as elaborate coherent strategies aimed at solving problems on an international scale.
Launching your career
As a graduate with an in-depth understanding of the complex dynamics of international relations as well as a nuanced familiarity with a specific geographic area, you will be prepared to assume a position of responsibility at businesses and organisations operating in international markets, local government and regional bodies, or at national and international institutes, agencies, foundations and study centres.
Career opportunities can be found in the following fields, among others:
- Public relations consultancy
- Journalism and broadcasting
- International marketing
- Image management
- Public service
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The two-year study programme equips you with a solid linguistic training as well as a familiarity with international law and economics through a combination of course work, a thesis and a curricular internship, which can be carried out in Italy or abroad.You have 5 study paths, or curricula, to choose from, two of which are taught exclusively in English:
- European Union Studies (ENG)
- Global studies (ENG)
- Americas (ITA)
- East Asian (ITA)
- Eastern Europe (ITA)
- Each curriculum provides you with in-depth knowledge of a specific geo-political area by exploring its political, cultural, geographic and sociological dynamics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Ca' Foscari will begin accepting applications for the 2022/23 academic year on 7 December 2021. The application procedure takes place entirely online.
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies View 41 other Masters in International Relations in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. You therefore must have completed 36 ECTS in specific study areas, including Economics, Law, Political Science, Social Science and History. For more specific information, please consult the programme's official web page or contact us!
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of English for the two paths taught in English and a B2-level knowledge of Italian and English for the paths taught in Italian.
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV in order to make sure that you possess adequate personal preparation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2117 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2117 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Ca’ Foscari’s tuition fees are remarkably low. This is a result of both heavy subisidising by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, which covers approximately 70% of the actual cost, and Ca’ Foscari’s belief in the need to make university affordable to all. According to their nationality, students can pay from 700 euros to 2.117 euros per year.
- In addition, Ca’ Foscari offers a variety of forms of financial aid, including scholarships, exemption from and reduction of fees, student loans and awards for outstanding theses.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
As a public university in Europe, Ca' Foscari not only keeps tuition fees low, but also provides targeted financial aid for high-achieving international students. Our scholarship offers will be announced in early November 2021, so be sure to check back here or use the form to contact us so we can reach out when the announcement is made.The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.