The 46-47 hour, primarily online, Family Nurse Practitioner program from University of North Carolina Wilmington provides advanced theory and clinical education emphasizing high quality, cost-effective, unique health care that results in a high level of patient satisfaction.
Graduates will be eligible to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certification exam for Family Nurse Practitioners which enhances their opportunity for advancement in the field. They will be able to seek approval to practice FNP in North Carolina or other state of choice.
Upon completion of the Master’s curriculum, the new graduate will be able to:
- Design client-centered care through advanced practice and education with an altruistic concern for the welfare of others while supporting autonomy and respecting human dignity.
- Demonstrate integrity through accountability and responsibility for clinical decisions and lifelong learning.
- Manage quality improvement measures that support legal/ethical standards through the use of evidence-based practice.
- Impact the health of underserved populations through support and promotion of culturally competent care.
- Evaluate domestic and global health integrating the knowledge of healthcare delivery systems, healthcare policies, epidemiology, and the environment.
- Promote the health of clients/patients through education and multidisciplinary management of risk reduction, disease prevention and the management of illness.
- Demonstrate professional role competence in education and advanced nursing practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Care Systems and Education Informatics and Technology
- Families in Rural and Urban Communities
- Healthcare Delivery Systems and Health Policy
- Advanced Practice Roles/lssues/Trends
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 721 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Regionally Accredited Bachelor's Degree: Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in this country or its equivalent in a foreign institution (as evaluated course-by-course through a NACES approved credit evaluation service, WES.org course-by-course evaluation preferred), by the first official day of classes for the semester of application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19104 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4861 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State4861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4861 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.