On this course, you will gain the chance to work closely with internationally recognised experts who are defining the field conducting groundbreaking research in periods from medieval to contemporary and focusing on painting, sculpture, print culture, architecture, photography, digital art and museology. Our History of Art and Architecture Graduate Diploma is also enriched by museum and site visits, visiting speakers and screenings.
Graduates of the History of Art and Architecture course at Birkbeck, University of London can pursue careers in the creative arts, media and education. Possible professions include museum/gallery curator, arts administrator, or advertising account executive. This degree may also be useful in becoming a community arts worker, multimedia specialist, or higher education lecturer.
We offer a comprehensive Careers Service to help you advance your career, while our in-house, professional recruitment consultancy, Birkbeck Talent, works with London’s top employers to help you gain work experience that fits in with your evening studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Art and Architecture: Skills and Approaches
- Art and Scandal in the Modern Period
- Art and the Sacred in the Middle Ages
- Art as Critique: Caricature, Modernity and the Avant-Garde
- Art History: A Survey
- Art of the British Empire
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you enough time to complete the admissions process
DisciplinesArchitecture Visual Arts Art History View 182 other Masters in Art History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- If you do not already hold a first degree, but believe that you are a suitable candidate for the Graduate Diploma through other experience and educational achievements, please contact the admissions tutor.
- Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10680 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5880 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.