Why study Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School?
The world’s cities are changing. New technologies, business models, and global sustainability goals are transforming our cities and how we move. Today’s urban planners and transport engineers face an array of challenges and are needed to take advantage of such transformations to help create urban environments that consume fewer resources, contribute less to climate change, and support more liveable and healthy neighbourhoods. Addressing such challenges requires embracing complexity and competence beyond the traditional urban planning and civil engineering disciplines, including entrepreneurial skills to steer innovations into practice. The Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions programme provides such experience, preparing students to become the next urban innovators and leaders in urban mobility.
Who can apply?
The Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions programme welcomes students with an array of backgrounds and experiences. The programme is ideal for students with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Geoinformation Technology, Urban Planning, Geography, and/or Economics. Additional disciplines are welcome, provided students have a solid foundation in quantitative approaches to solving problems and verifiable experience in programming, calculus, linear algebra, and mathematical statistics.
Where can I study Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions?
The available universities for the Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions programme are**:
- Aalto University, Helsinki
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- UPC Barcelona Tech
**Please note, not all combinations may be possible.
What are the career opportunities?
The Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions programme is aimed to educate, inspire, and unite future leaders in the Urban Mobility Sector. The skills learned in this programme are in high demand in cities, transport authorities, research institutes and industries across Europe and worldwide. As a graduate, you will be an adaptable team player with a diverse set of analytical skills and theoretical knowledge in the field of urban mobility.
Join our webinar and find out more about the programme directly from our Programme Lead and current students. For registration, please click here.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
How is the programme structured?
- Graduating students will be awarded two master’s degrees, one from each of those universities. Moreover, the programme is designed so that students may attain the qualifications for a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
- During the first-year studies, students will be given an introduction to Innovation and Entrepreneurship and participate in an extended Challenge Project. During the same year, students will acquire essential technical skills for working with urban mobility challenges.
- Between the first and second year, students will participate in a Summer School applying new skills to two different cities located in Europe.
To prepare for this programme, you should have a solid foundation in quantitative approaches to solving problems, as demonstrated by a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics or Geoinformation Technology.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Our portal is open for Period 2 applications by April 14, 17:00 CEST!
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Transportation Engineering Urban Planning View 11 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree encompassing a minimum of 180 ECTS credits or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognized university.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate education may also apply and if qualified, receive a conditional acceptance.
- If you have not completed your studies, please include a written statement from the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled in the final year of your education and giving your expected completion date – which should be before the start of the Master’s programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Tuition fees are payable per semester (8 000 Euro for non-EU citizens and 2 000 Euro for EU citizens per semester)
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
EIT Urban Mobility offers generous scholarships to attract top talents worldwide. Our scholarships are merit-based and cover your study duration of two years. They include partial tuition fee waivers and monthly allowances. Please check the programme website.
New Opportunity Scholarship: The EIT Urban Mobility Master School is offering a full tuition fee waiver and 1.000 Euro relocation allowance per year to applicants affected by the current situation in Ukraine. Applicants should meet the admissions criteria when applying to our Master’s programmes and should submit an application by April 14, 17:00 CEST. For further information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.