The joint international study Biomedicine programme from University of Luxembourg provides students with a strong multidisciplinary education in the fields of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, neurosciences and immunology. They have the opportunity to experience a multidisciplinary research training as well as a multicultural approach of the scientific communities across the borders.
The first semester of the degree programme takes place at the University of Luxembourg, the second at the University of Strasbourg and the third at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. During the fourth semester, students participate in an internship in the field of biomedical research either in a science laboratory at a university or with an external partner. It is during this time that students write their Master’s thesis.
Aims of the programme
The Master of Science in Biomedicine offers:
- an excellent training for Master students in the field of Biomedicine, linking the gap between medicine and research.
- a strong multidisciplinary education to students in Biomedicine at the international level, in accordance with their future needs as employees of industrial or academic research laboratories.
- the opportunity to experience a multidisciplinary research training as well as a multicultural approach of the scientific communities across the borders.
- privileges to students by facilitating their integration in international laboratories and companies through early international networking during their Master training.
- Gene Regulation / Transcriptomics
- Practicals in Gene Regulation
- Protein Structure and Function
- Systems Biology
- Practicals in Systems Biology
- Practicals in Bioinformatics
- Safety in the Laboratory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must either be able to present proof of having completed a bachelor’s degree with at least 180 credit points in the field of physiology, molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, medicine or pharmacy or an equivalent degree from the University of Luxembourg or abroad. All partner universities must agree that the degree qualifies the student to be admitted into the master’s programme.
- Students must provide proof that their English is at a B2 level according to the Common European Framework for Languages.
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Registration fees: 200 € first semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.