The Immunobiology: from molecules to integrative systems programme of University of Bonn explores the regulation of the immune system in health and disease, and to decipher signaling processes in the lipid metabolism and in biomembranes.
Research on the immune system is the key to understand the molecular basis of many diseases. These obviously include bacterial and viral infections, but we now know that the immune system controls and influences the course of other common diseases, e. g. cancer, Alzheimers’, as well as cardiovascular and metabolic syndromes.
Modern Immunology aims at understanding the functions of our key defense mechanisms against pathogens at the level of molecules or even atoms- but furthermore it is a real systems science: an immune reaction and its consequences can only be understood in the context of intact organs in a living organism, yet we need high-end in vitro approaches including imaging and biochemistry to fully understand the underlying pathways at the molecular level.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods in Life Sciences and Statistics
- Genomics and Epigenetics
- Systems biology, Bio-informatics and Big data science
- The immune system in barrier organs and immune regulation
- Experimental Animals and Bioethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology View 61 other Masters in Biology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Molecular biomedicine, Immunology, Biology/Molecular biology, Biochemistry, Bio-informatics or related fields.
- Applicants must have conducted an experimental bachelor thesis or a thesis in the field of bioinformatics.
- All courses are held in English. Applicants who are not native speakers of English should demonstrate adequate competence of the English language by acceptable results on an internationally recognized test.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) written in English.
- A statement of motivation.
- Copies of academic degree certificates (including grades).
- Any documents on further academic degrees.
- Copies of any additional qualifying examinations.
285,11,- € per semester (including free public transportation in the region)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.