The Project Management program from University of Technology Sydney was the first Australian program to be accredited by the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Global Accreditation Centre. The foundation subjects are compatible with the structures used by the PMI and Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) to certify practitioners.
To cater for busy work schedules, UTS delivers classes in an intensive block mode. This creates an immersive experience where students work with their peers in a team-based, simulated project environment.
Students also gain practical experience by working on real-life projects, in the classroom, on site or using computer simulations. For example, students have recently developed project plans for the Jack Thompson Foundation, Complimentary Health Care Council of Australia (CHC), and a number of industry associations.
UTS academics are at the forefront of project management research, internationally. This breadth of knowledge ensures that students have access to leading-edge thinking applied in both project-specific and organisational contexts. Our teaching staff also includes specialist guest lecturers from within UTS and institutions and organisations in Australia and overseas.
Graduates possess a detailed understanding of just how project management directly improves business productivity and profitability. They are able to deliver projects that help organisations achieve their strategic objectives.
Graduates from the project management program at UTS can establish careers as project managers, and specialise in sectors through sub-majors (master's only). The knowledge gained from the program equips graduates to improve their skillset to manage projects as part of their current position, and move into senior, director-level positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Integration Management
- Project Risk, Procurement and Quality Management
- Project Scope, Time and Cost Management
- Project Communication, HR and Stakeholders
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 91 other Masters in Project Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants need to provide:
- a CV clearly articulating project management experience
- a personal statement (max. 300 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to study project management and demonstrating an understanding of basic project management concepts gained from work experience and knowledge of course expectations. If applicable, detail should be provided about general or professional qualifications that demonstrate potential to pursue graduate studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International717 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 717 AUD per credit during 6 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.