Coupled with the successful completion of practical legal training (PLT), graduates of this Australian Law course from University of Technology Sydney meet the academic requirements for admission to practise law in NSW.
Career options include lawyer in NSW within a government or corporate department, private law firm or community law centre, providing students also undertake a course in practical legal training such as the Graduate Certificate in Professional Legal Practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureIndustrial training/professional practice
- Applicants should note that in order to gain admission as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW they may also be required to undertake a course in practical legal training, such as the Graduate Certificate in Professional Legal Practice.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies View 32 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants' bachelor's degree in law, or Juris Doctor, must be from outside Australia or they must be admitted to practise as a legal practitioner in a common law jurisdiction outside Australia. Students who have graduated with a Shari'a law qualification are not eligible to apply for this course.
- For overseas qualified lawyers, applicants must provide written advice from the NSW Legal Profession Admission Board outlining subjects required to be completed in order to be admitted to practise in NSW.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27240 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 908 AUD per credit during 6 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.