This Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting from University of Technology Sydney is designed for students who:
- do not have an undergraduate background in accounting and wish to further their business knowledge
- have extensive business experience but lack the formal qualifications for direct entry to the master's programs in professional accounting, or
- want to complete an introductory course in accounting and related fields, and want to prove their ability to undertake postgraduate study and attain a postgraduate qualification.
As this course articulates into the master's programs in professional accounting, this enables students who do not possess formal undergraduate qualifications, including TAFE diplomas, to acquire the relevant academic qualification for membership of CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
Career options include management-level positions in industry, government, or not-for-profit organisations.
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions
- Financial Management
- Contemporary Business Law
- Economics for Management
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 131 other Masters in Finance in Australia
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants without an academic qualification require a minimum of four years' full time, or equivalent, relevant post-secondary work experience and general capacity to undertake tertiary education.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
International20555 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20555 AUD per year and a duration of 6 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- South Asia Postgraduate Business Merit Scholarship
- South East Asia Postgraduate Business Merit Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.