The Graduate Diploma in Medical Biotechnology from University of Technology Sydney contains a compulsory core of professional subjects relevant to all science disciplines, such as project management, innovation, entrepreneurship and commercialisation. These core subjects provide a solid foundation to skills required and are important to a professional scientist; be they engaged in research, science businesses, industries or government organisations.
The course provides a backbone of skills important to a professional scientist; be they engaged in research, science business, industries or government organisations. Graduates can pursue careers with private and public agencies, such as medical and health sustainability.
- Advanced Microscopy and Imaging
- Experimental and Diagnostic Flow Cytometry
- Leadership in Science
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Commercialisation
- Ethics in Human Research
- Ethics in Animal Research
- Laboratory Management
- Risk Assessment and Management for Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine Biotechnology View 164 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Entry into the course requires the completion of a bachelor's, master's, graduate diploma, graduate certificate qualification in biochemistry and cell biology, microbiology, human biology, genetics, laboratory technology, medical science, food science and biotechnology or pharmacology.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
International40290 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20145 AUD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Science International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship for Excellence
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.