The Scientific and Data Intensive Computing program from University College London (UCL) brings together best practice in computing with cutting-edge science and provides a computing edge over traditional science, engineering and mathematics programmes.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures and hands-on programming and includes a variety of short programming projects, delivered as part of the taught component.
Students are encouraged to participate in scientific seminars, for example, weekly seminars at the UCL Centre for Inverse Problems. Assessment is through examinations, assignments, small projects and the dissertation, including a computer programme.
We expect our graduates to take up exciting science and engineering roles in industry and academia with excellent prospects for professional development and steep career advancement opportunities.
This degree enables students to work on cutting-edge real-life problems, overcome the challenges they pose and so contribute to advancing knowledge and technology in our society.
- Computational and Simulation Methods
- Numerical Methods
- Numerical Optimisation
- Research Computing with C++
- Research Software Engineering with Python
- Techniques of High-Performance Computing
- Machine Learning with Big-Data
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesStatistics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 705 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in mathematics, computer science, engineering, physical sciences or a closely related subject.
- The degree stream must contain at least one university level mathematics course.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.