The Water, Sanitation and Health Engineering degree from University of Leeds is particularly aimed at consultants, and working professionals in national and local government, non-government organisations, international development organisations and public health agencies. It has a strong focus on developing practical and policy skills and addresses the critical future challenges of climate change, population growth and urbanisation. You’ll develop your understanding of technical interventions in water supply, sanitation and solid waste management.
Run in conjunction with the Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development, one of the UK’s preeminent public health research centres, and informed by the work in our Water, Public Health and Environmental Engineering Group, this Masters will give you the knowledge and skills to identify and deliver investments that will have major benefits for health and development.
A degree from Leeds and the experience you'll gain here will give you the edge to find the career you want. Your course will give you the experience and knowledge that employers are looking for to help you secure a job.
The University of Leeds is in the top five most targeted universities in the UK by graduate recruiters, according to High Fliers’ The Graduate Market in 2022 report.
This course will equip you with a unique blend of civil engineering and public health policy skills.
As a result, you’ll be ideally placed to take up a senior position in public health ministries and public health departments in countries of the global south, or to work with international development agencies and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
This degree is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM)
- The Management of WASH Projects
- Engineering for Public Health
- Wastewater and Fecal Sludge Management
- Water Resource Management
- Water Supply
- Solid Waste Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Health Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:2 (hons) in an engineering, public health or international development-related subject.
- We may also consider applicants with equivalent academic or professional qualifications in a non-cognate engineering or natural science subject and applications from professionally qualified and experienced candidates. We would expect applicants to provide a statement detailing their interest and knowledge within the water, sanitation and hygiene field as part of their application.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.