The Energetics and propulsion programme of Centrale Nantes studies the performance and efficiency of internal combustion engines and turbojets is influenced by various processes including gas flow, compression and expansion through turbomachines or reciprocating piston, fuel injection and combustion, energy conversion and heat transfer. Therefore, the courses offered in this programme will provide an emphasis on all these processes and how they interact.
The programme of study lasts two academic years - denoted by M1 and M2. Energetics and Propulsion is one of four specialisms available within the Mechanical Engineering stream. The language of instruction is English throughout the programme.
- Design engines and components
- Build and use simulation models of engines and powertrains
- Develop control strategies and calibrate ECU engines
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perform simulation and analyse results
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project
Prospects for employment or further study
- Sectors: Automotive, Industrial engines, Aeronautics, Transportation, Power plants, Energy
- Fields: Engine design & calibration, Modelling and Simulation, Research and Innovation, Thermofluid Engineering
- Positions: Thermofluid Engineer, Design engineer, Calibration Engineer, Modelling Engineer, Research Engineer (post PhD
- Continuum Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Programming and Algorithms
- Numerical Methods
- Vibration and Differential Equations
- Business Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 32 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students with a bachelor degree (Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology) or equivalent, in a field related to Science and Technology
- French and European students with a 'license' qualification or equivalent.
- Students must have graduated from the above before the end of August in order to enrol in a Masters Programme at Centrale Nantes in September.
- Applicants must have a good level in Mathematics and be fluent in English - written and spoken. An applicant whose native language is not English is required to pass a recognised international test of English
International7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Nantes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.