Educational Content & Course Objectives
The Geomatics for Mineral Resource Management programme of TU Bergakademie Freiberg aims to develop future leaders and innovators in this field. The educational content focuses on these pillars:
- Geo-Data Acquisition
- Geo-Data Management and Visualization
- Geo-Data Analysis and Modelling
The aim of this MSc course is to enable students to integrate these three pillars into innovative Geomonitoring concepts. Students will be exposed to the most recent research originating from several large European research projects. The implemented interaction with several local industry partners will allow students to work on real projects, understand industry needs and to train and develop their entrepreneurial skills. With a guided but flexibly designed exchange program between partnered universities, students will be exposed to different fields of expertise and cultural environments. Graduates are expected to be future leaders in the field of technology development and innovation, bringing modern geomatics concepts to marketable products for a secured future in the mineral resource industry.
By studying Geomatics for Mineral Resource Managemt, students have the oppertunity to choose between different specializations (so called paths). Each path focuses on a different aspect of Geomatics.
- Applied Remote Sensing in Geosciences
- Underground Mine Surveying
- Geomodelling - Geostatistics for Natural Resource Modelling
- Operations Management
- Information Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology Natural Resource Management View 19 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed form Application for admission (additional information to the application form)
- Certified copie/s of higher education certificate/s (e. g. Bachelor certificate) in the field of Geoscience, Geodesy, Geoinformatics, Geophysics or other realted fields
- If necessary: officially attested translations of the above into German or English
- Certified copy of a proof of English proficiency by means of a recognized language test e.g.
- Certified copy of a proof of German language proficency of level B1 or above
- 1 Up-to-date passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg does not charge tuition fees, even for the Master degree courses in English.
Living costs for Freiberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.