About Public History and Cultural Heritage (Online) at University of Limerick
Graduates of this programme attain a globally-recognised postgraduate qualification in a cutting-edge area of historical practice. The programme has been developed to include a combination of conceptual, methodological and practice-based modules, thus broadening the student’s intellectual and scholarly experience. The modules engage with contemporary issues in public history, including controversies, collaborations, and communications, all the time questioning: What does it mean? Why does it matter?
The online delivery provides prospective students employed in the areas of culture, heritage, education, tourism, local history and civic development, among others, with the opportunity to become part of an international public history community. In keeping with its community-building and peer-support ethos, this programme offers continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities to those already working in public history (museums, archives, cultural heritage sites, or freelance), but is also designed to appeal to those seeking to work in this exciting field.
While graduates of this MA are well placed to pursue a multiplicity of career pathways, the programme will prove to be of particular value to
- Graduates seeking to pursue a career in public history, in the heritage, education and tourism sectors
- Practitioners of public history seeking theoretical and methodological upskilling
- Those wishing to pursue doctoral research in this area
- Public History: Theory & Practice
- MA History Research Methodology
- Graduate Seminar in Irish Cultural History
- Digital Humanities
- The Country House in Ireland: Class, Gender & Culture
- Writing Skills Methodology
- People on the Move: Studying Migration
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 6 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Ireland
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
International15800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6200 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.