This Public History and Cultural Heritage (Online) programme at University of Limerick has been developed to include a combination of conceptual, methodological and practice-based modules, thus broadening the student’s intellectual and scholarly experience.
The programme offers a globally-recognised postgraduate qualification in a cutting-edge area of historical practice and provides opportunities to expand industry/academia partnerships.
The online delivery of the programme enables prospective students whether already working in public cultural institutions, or employed in other sectors of the economy, the opportunity to acquire a globally recognised postgraduate qualification. It will appeal to new graduates and history teachers seeking continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities. As an online programme it provides prospective students complete flexibility.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone currently, or interested in, practising history in the public domain, especially in the cultural heritage sector.
- The online delivery of the programme enables prospective students whether already working in public cultural institutions, or employed in other sectors, the opportunity to acquire a globally recognised postgraduate qualification in a cutting-edge area of historical practice.
- It will also appeal to new graduates and history teachers seeking continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities. As a fully online programme, it provides prospective students flexibility in learning; some modules are also available on campus (blended).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public History: Theory & Practice
- MA History Research Methodology
- Graduate Seminar in Irish Cultural History
- Digital Humanities
- The Country House in Ireland: Class, Gender & Culture
- Writing Skills Methodology
- People on the Move: Studying Migration
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 3 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Ireland
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
International13140 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13140 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6030 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6030 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.