The Masters in Design for Health and Wellbeing at University of Limerick is delivered predominantly in a design studio environment, cultivating a culture of creativity, peer learning and transdisciplinary exploration. The core design modules are based on project work, problem solving and creativity, that centres on collaboration, human centred design and contemporary design processes. Students work across domains and at the borders of design and other disciplines.The approach is based on real-world challenges linked with industry and community partners.
Through this real-world approach students learn to identify opportunities and innovate solutions that have a positive impact on individuals, as well as public, health and wellbeing.Foundation knowledge in design processes will build to specific expertise, as applied to the areas health and wellbeing. The curriculum focuses on experimentation, exploration to develop critical thinking, independent learning and an ability to bring new processes and thinking to this emergent global area.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Regulatory Affairs
- Entrepreneurship – Establishing International Ventures
- Design Research
- Human Factors in Health Systems
- Design Studio
- Health & Wellbeing Concepts & Perspectives
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Health Informatics View 120 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum entry requirement to the programme is a 2:2, (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject as outlined below, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
- Applications are welcome from students of design and non-design backgrounds who are interested in innovating solutions for tomorrow’s health and wellbeing challenges and opportunities. Examples include, but are not limited to, technical disciplines (science & engineering), business, medicine and allied health professions, and social sciences.
International14750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14750 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6411 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6411 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
PT: EU: 3,998 EUR/Non-EU: 7,998 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.