Learn to apply psychological methods and approaches to educational policy and practice.
You'll study core areas of psychology and key debates in the psychology of education, while developing your research skills.
Careers and skills
Successfully completing this course provides you with the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society (BPS). GBC is a requirement for training as a professional psychologist in clinical, educational, counselling, occupational, health or forensic psychology.
The Psychology in Education course from University of York covers a wide range of topics which will introduce you to areas of work which you may not have previously considered. You'll also have opportunities to discuss potential careers with psychology and education practitioners. Volunteering opportunities allow you to explore new career paths and gain valuable experience.
- Chartered Psychologist
- Psychological research
- Youth work
- Mental health
- Data science
- Not-for-profit sector
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Development and Cognition
- Individuality and Its Roots
- Psychology in Society
- Research Methods for Psychology in Education
- Adolescence and Social Media
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Psychology View 854 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- 2:1 or equivalent in any subject. This is a conversion programme and does not require prior knowledge of psychology. As a Psychology conversion programme, this degree is not suitable for applicants who already have an undergraduate degree in Psychology. The only exception to this is if the degree was not accredited by the British Psychological Society and you need the Graduate Basis for Chartership of the BPS in order to progress to professional training. If this is the case, please indicate so clearly on your application form.
International18240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18240 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8040 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.