For instance, shareholders have to decide whether to continue their investment in particular companies, and managers need to decide which strategy to follow for their company to remain successful. These and other decisions require relevant, reliable, and timely information. In your Master’s programme, you will learn how to design information systems that produce such information, and how to assess the quality of existing systems.
The emphasis will be on the future role of auditors and controllers in society. Therefore, much attention will be paid to the opportunities and threats which arise due to innovations in information technology.
- Your Accountancy and Controlling programme from University of Groningen is a good basis for many positions in both the private and the public sectors, including the positions of auditor and controller (sometimes called management accountant). Also becoming a consultant in related areas is an option.
- Many auditors start their career at one of the Big Four auditing firms: KPMG, PwC, Deloitte and EY. Auditors examine a company’s information systems and test the reliability of these systems by conducting random sample checks and data analyses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accountancy: Advanced Accounting Information Systems
- Accountancy: Auditing Theory
- Accountancy: Financial Accounting Theory
- Accountancy: IT in Control
- Accountancy: Research in Accounting and Control
- Accountancy: Strategic & Organizational Design
- Controlling: Advanced Accounting Information Systems
- Controlling: Management Accounting Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Financial Mathematics View 15 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A GMAT/GRE test is required from all candidates who obtained their bachelor's degree from a university in a non-EU/EEA country.
- IELTS Academic overall score 6.5 (Speaking 6, Writing 6.5); TOEFL internet-based overall score 90 (Speaking 20, Writing 24); C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency (with minimum score 180).
International15900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.