The traditional on-campus MA program in Archaeology at Simon Fraser University is a full-time, per-term fee program that consists of the following sequential steps for a minimum of 33 units: course requirements, thesis prospectus, colloquium presentation, advancement to candidacy, thesis completion, and defence. The course requirements, thesis prospectus, and the colloquium presentation should be completed by students by the end of the second term.
- Field Technician/Director
- Laboratory Technician
- First Nations Conservation and Stewardship Liaison
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Archaeological Theory
- Graduate Seminar in Archaeology and Prehistory
- Research Design
- MA Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 33 units
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 14 other Masters in Archaeology in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.