The Master in Cancer Biology program at the University of Bordeaux is one of the four degree-granting tracks of the Biology and Health Master. The training program is primarily research-oriented with an emphasis on interdisciplinary approaches to the study of cancer.
The program covers the basic molecular and cellular mechanisms driving oncogenesis, the complex interacting cellular and molecular networks with the tumor microenvironment dictating cancer development and metastatic dissemination, the clinical aspects of cancer pathology and therapeutic possibilities. The development of critical analysis and creative skills that must be applied in the conception of new research proposals, accessing and processing experimental data, and literature searches are also important components of the program.
Strengths of this Master program?
Strong connections to a network of research laboratories (French National Center for Scientific research - CNRS, French National Institute of Health and Medical Research - INSERM, the University of Bordeaux and international laboratories) dealing with a broad range of problematics in oncology.
State of the art technologies for cancer diagnosis and treatments.
A stong interdisciplinary research dynamic and learning environment, providing students with the possibility to interact with not only biologists, clinicians and other health professionals, but also physicists, mathematicians, chemists and computer scientists working in the field of cancer.
After this Master program?
The Master in Cancer Biology prepares students for careers in academic research in biomedical sciences. They may further their studies with a PhD or directly work in research laboratories as scientific staff.
It also prepares students to compete for careers in the industrial sector (biotechnology companies, particularly in product development for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, in pharmaceutical companies or clinical analysis laboratories). Graduates of the program also have the opportunity of applying for different professional positions in the healthcare system, such as hospitals or clinics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cancer cell biology
- Bioinformatics and omics
- Imaging and molecular histology
- Experimental design in biomedical sciences
- Molecular and cell biology techniques
- Cancer immunobiology and immunotherapies
- High-throughput sequencing and bioinformatics
- Research internship
- Molecular basis of pathologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree or 180 ECTS equivalent in Biology or relevant Life Sciences field
- Candidates should be proficient in English. A certificate must be provided proving a minimum of English B1 level
- Selection procedure: an initial selection is based on students’ CV and cover letter; a second level of selection may be based on interview.
- Selection criteria: academic accomplishments at undergraduate level (grades, honors), research experience (e.g. internships), cover and recommendation letters.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3770 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Fees for all selected applicants are calculated according to the rules and regulations of the University of Bordeaux.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.