Journalism and Digital Content Creation from Munster Technological University blends journalistic tools and techniques with content creation using new technologies and digital media to prepare students for the new media workplace. The programme has a strong connection with the media industry.
Graduates of this programme are well equipped with the requirements to operate as today’s digital journalists and content creators.
- Writing for Media
- Media History & Society
- Audio Broadcasting
- Research Methods and Practice
- Multimedia Production
- New Media Workplace
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesJournalism Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 17 other Masters in Digital Communication in Ireland
- Entry requirements for this course will be in accordance with standard Institute admissions procedures. Entrants will be expected to hold minimum of a 2.2 honours degree.
- Admission to the course is based on a combination of an online application form and a short interview.
- Journalism and content creation, by necessity, requires that its practitioners produce clean, competent copy on deadline, often without the benefit of external editing or extensive rewriting. It is expected that students entering the course have mastered basic writing skills, including grammar, syntax and the ability to conceptualise and articulate ideas in writing. It is also expected that students possess the ability to write in English at a postgraduate level.
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4550 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4550 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.