The Finance and Private Equity programme from London School of Economics and Political Science is built upon the highly successful MSc Finance (full-time) programme, with the addition of a dedicated course taught by the Programme Director of MSc Finance and Private Equity. You will focus on topics including the structure of private equity (PE) funds and how PE can be used in start-ups, in scaling-up cash flow businesses, and in restructuring firms facing financial distress.
As well as lectures, discussion and case studies, you will benefit from regular practitioner-led teaching. You will have the opportunity to gain deeper practical insight and links to the City, and will enjoy close interaction with LSE's Financial Markets Group and the Systemic Risk Centre, which attract leading finance researchers from across the world to their numerous research seminars and conferences.
Graduates of this highly-respected programme benefit from excellent career prospects in investment banks, consultancies, and a variety of financial institutions.
City Speaker Series
During September the Department organises a number of City Speaker lecturers where practitioners from range of different areas of finance are invited in to talk to our students about their roles and the skills required to succeed. These sessions offer an informal opportunity for students to learn about specific sectors within finance and to assess their fit for specific careers and roles.
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Markets
- Private Equity
- Fixed Income Securities and Credit Markets
- Topics in Portfolio Management
- Mergers, Buyouts and Corporate Restructurings
- Financial Engineering
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance View 722 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in any discipline and good quantitative skills, at least to A level Mathematics (or the equivalent)
- GMAT or GRE is required for all applicants without a UK undergraduate degree (GMAT strongly preferred). GMAT is recommended for applicants with UK undergraduate degrees, especially those whose quantitative skills are not demonstrated by their undergraduate studies, or those who did not achieve or are not expected to achieve a first class degree
International35568 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35568 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 10 months.
EU/EEA35568 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35568 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.