The Product Design course from the University of Strathclyde will provide a thorough training in design theories and methods including product aesthetics and human-centred design, and the utilisation of advanced design techniques in digital modelling and physical rapid prototyping of design solutions.
The course will appeal to graduates of courses in industrial/product design or innovation-related courses who wish to influence future thinking and practice design.
Potential graduate roles
Studying product design gives you the broad theoretical knowledge and practical skillset you’ll need to use production methods and materials creatively to pursue a career in a variety of sectors, with potential graduate job roles such as:
- Product Designer
- CAD Technician
- Furniture Designer
- Interior and Spatial designer
- Graphic Designer
- Product Manager
- Materials Engineer
- Product Developer
Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Institution of Engineering Designers (IED)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Product Modelling & Visualisation
- Design Methods
- Global Design
- Management of Innovation
- Design Form & Aesthetics
- Human Centered Design
- Design Management
- Postgraduate Group Project
- Postgraduate Individual Project
- Organisation & Technology
- Strategic Technology Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Engineering Risk Management
- Management of Total Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Fundamentals Of Lean Six Sigma
- Sustainable Product Design & Manufacturing
- Systems Thinking & Modelling
- Advanced Materials & Production Technology
- Design of Experiments for Process Optimisation
- Mechatronic Systems Design Techniques
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Design View 138 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a first or second-class Honours degree, or international equivalent, in a relevant engineering, technology or science discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Rest of UK - £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.