Students develop practice skills in areas relevant to:
- Assessment skills considering children’s development, including Adverse Childhood Experiences survey
- Trauma-informed Care
- Family violence
- Mental health concerns of child and families
- Involvement with the dependency system
- Specific interviewing techniques for children
- Intervention strategies for children and families
- Child welfare policy
The Child Welfare Certificate indicates the student has completed certain experiences to provide a foundation of child welfare. These experiences include completion of two specialized courses: a child welfare course highlighting the history and dynamics of the child welfare system, and a course focused specifically on the treatment of families involved in the child welfare system.
In addition, students must complete an internship within the context of child welfare and two associated field seminars over their final two semesters.
- Child protective investigator
- Dependency case manager
- Foster care licensing and support
- Child welfare policy analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Child Welfare
- Vulnerable Children & Families
- Field Instruction/Integrated
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Special Education Educational Psychology View 46 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal objective essay
- Interview with faculty
- A course-by-course evaluation of international transcripts is required; FAU will evaluate the transcripts or it must be done
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12288 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1024 USD per credit during 6 months.
National12288 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1024 USD per credit during 6 months.
In-State4428 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 369 USD per credit during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.