The Child Welfare Certificate Program from the Florida Atlantic University provides a foundation of knowledge in practice, policy, and programs that impact vulnerable children’s lives.
- Child protective investigator
- Dependency case manager
- Foster care licensing and support
- Child welfare policy analyst
Programme StructureStudents develop practice skills in areas relevant to:
- Assessment skills considering children’s development, including Adverse Childhood Experiences survey
- Trauma-informed Care
- Family violence
- Mental health concerns of child and families
- Involvement with the dependency system
- Specific interviewing techniques for children
- Intervention strategies for children and families
- Child welfare policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Special Education Educational Psychology View 71 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Florida Atlantic University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official Transcripts: must be sent from the Registrar of each college you have attended.
- Test Scores: GRE or GMAT may be required by some programs - check for temporary program waiver. If required, you will self-report scores into the Centralized Application System (CAS), but you will need to request your official scores be sent to FAU directly. The FAU school codes are below.
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 371 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.