Do you want to work in the management of artistic heritage and cultural activities? This Economics and Management of Arts and Cultural Activities programme from Ca' Foscari University of Venice trains you to understand the nature and processes of cultural production, interconnecting the professional worlds of management and culture and exploring the evolution of the national, European and global artistic and cultural panorama. The programme's lectures, teaching approach and structure equip you to identify and exploit new connections between culture and business. You can also get work experience before graduation thanks to the degree's curricular internship, which you can carry out in Italy or abroad.
Launching your career
As a graduate, you'll be ready to pursue a career as a manager responsible for the planning and organisation of cultural activities and events with companies, cultural institutions and government agencies. Possible career opportunities await you in the following fields:
- Cultural projects management
- Conservation and enhancement of the arts
- Arts management
- Economic consulting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This two-year program integrates expertise, research methodologies, and professional approaches from the humanities and the economic and managerial sectors. You can choose to study in either English or Italian, and you are encouraged to carry out a study period abroad. Thanks to a curricular internship, you acquire work experience before completing your studies.
The program is divided into two curricula:
- Economics and administration of arts and culture (entirely taught in English)
- Economia e gestione delle arti e della cultura (taught in Italian)
Some of the course work covers:
- Restoration techniques for cultural artifacts
- Management and marketing organizations
- Project management
- Arts economic
- International law for arts
- Contemporary art
- Elements of theatre and live arts production
- Museology & public spaces architecture
- Government of cultural organizations
- Cinema and photography
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Ca' Foscari will begin accepting applications for the 2022/23 academic year on 7 December 2021. The application procedure takes place entirely online.
DisciplinesEconomics Project Management Art History View 12 other Masters in Art History in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. Given the hybrid nature of the program, you are required to have 42 ECTS in the fields of the arts, history and culture sector as well as the economics and management sector in order to be eligible for admission.
- For the Arts Management Curriculum (taught in English), you need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- For the Economics and Management of Arts Curriculum (taught in Italian), you need a certified B2-level knowledge of both Italian and English.
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV in order to make sure that you possess adequate personal preparation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2117 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2117 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Ca’ Foscari’s tuition fees are remarkably low. This is a result of both heavy subisidising by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, which covers approximately 70% of the actual cost, and Ca’ Foscari’s belief in the need to make university affordable to all. According to their nationality, students can pay from 700 euros to 2.117 euros per year.
- In addition, Ca’ Foscari offers a variety of forms of financial aid, including scholarships, exemption from and reduction of fees, student loans and awards for outstanding theses.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
As a public university in Europe, Ca' Foscari not only keeps tuition fees low, but also provides targeted financial aid for high-achieving international students. Our scholarship offers will be announced in early November 2021, so be sure to check back here or use the form to contact us so we can reach out when the announcement is made.The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.