With this course you’ll benefit from our strong academic expertise in Ecology and Conservation, based around UEA’s Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Conservation (CEEC) – one of the largest groups of its kind in Europe with strong links to major conservation organisations and institutions such as the RSPB, CEFAS and the Cambridge Conservation Initiative (CCI).
Our MSc Applied Ecology and Conservation (Part time) at the University of East Anglia offers a flexible course structure that will equip you with the skills necessary for a range of careers in conservation and applied ecology. The interdisciplinary training forms an ideal platform for continuing to doctoral research, for direct access into conservation-related employment or for pursuing careers in a field such as science communication, education or policy development.
- Ecological research
- PhD study
- Ecological Consultancy
- Agriculture and horticulture
- Environmental management and conservation
- Science communication and engagement
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ecological Survey Methods
- Evidence-based Global Conservation
- Multivariate Statistics
- Univariate Statistics
- Evolutionary Biology and Conservation Genetics
- Practical Conservation and Work Experience
- Statistics And Modelling for Scientists Using R
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology Environmental Sciences View 87 other Masters in Ecology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of East Anglia and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Degree Subject Biology-related subject plus evidence of additional conservation experience. Bachelors degrees in geography or environmental management are also accepted if these contain a strong ecological component.
- Degree Classification Bachelors degree (minimum 2.1 or equivalent)
- Alternative Qualifications Non-scientists wanting to retrain may take the one year Diploma in Ecology and enter the MSc Applied Ecology & Conservation the following year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 24 months.
If you choose to study part-time, the fee per annum will be half the annual fee for that year.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.