This Political Analysis and Public Policy programme which is offered by National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) takes an actor-centred approach to policymaking and implementation, recognizing that contemporary public policy is driven by an ongoing search for answers to society's most burning questions.
The programme aims to develop a number of competencies, including conflict analysis and resolution, public policymaking, stakeholder analysis, social research, as well as data collection and analysis of public policy issues. With instruction in English by leading global experts, students are given a strong multi-disciplinary foundation of skills and knowledge required to articulate issues of public concern, analyse alternative policies, facilitate the adoption and implementation of specific choices, and evaluate their effects.
Advantages of the programme
The programme offers a number of advantages, including:
- Professors with diverse professional experience both in Russia and abroad
- Academic mobility programmes with partner universities
- A flexible, individual learning path unique among public policy master’s programmes
The graduates have pursued analysis and management careers in a number of organizations:
- National, regional and global think tanks (e.g., the Carnegie Centre (Moscow), Centre for Political Technologies, Institute of World Politics and International Relations (IMEMO), and PIR Centre)
- International human rights (e.g., HR Watch, Doctors Without Borders, International Red Cross, and Amnesty International)
- Major business associations and corporations (e.g., Moscow Chamber of Trade and Commerce, Business Russia, Yandex, and LUKOIL)
- National and international governmental agencies (e.g., the International Organization on Migration (IOM), British Council, and UNESCO)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse included:
- Global Actors in Public Policy
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods of Social Research
- Methodology and Research Methods of Political Science
- Research Seminar "Human Rights Policy Analysis"
- Research Seminar "Public Policy Analysis"
- Human Rights in Globalizing World
- Project Seminar
- Modern Political Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Nov 1-Aug 14: online applications may be submitted for preliminary selection; online (and in-person) candidate interviews will be held with programme teams
- Aug 14- Aug 28: submission of all supporting documents
- Aug 28: Deadline for signing agreements and enrollment forms
- Sept 1: Classes starting date depends on the choosen programme
- Dates apply to Moscow programmes only.
- Please note that some programmes begin on October 1.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 14 other Masters in Political Science in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International prospective students applying for Master's programmes at HSE University can now get a jump start on the admissions process and get a sense of their chances of being accepted to HSE. There is no need to wait till summer or to come to Moscow.
- Master's programmes in nine faculties, including the Faculty of Economic Sciences, the Faculty of Social Sciences, the Faculty of Communications, Media and Design, the Faculty of Computer Science, the Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs, the Faculty of Business and Management, the Institute of Demography and the Banking Institute, will conduct a preliminary online assessment of portfolios and hold online interviews. This will be particularly useful for those who wish to receive direct feedback from the programmes.
- The only thing you have to do is to sign up for a preliminary interview and portfolio evaluation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5520 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5520 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 390 000 RUB
International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree Master's programmes at HSE.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.