The Chemistry and Chemical Technology program offered by Johannes Kepler University Linz allows students to acquire and hone their skills in order to successfully implement innovative approaches in the development and improvement of chemical syntheses and processes. Students will be able to critically assess the impact new technologies may have on society and on the environment.
- Acquire specialized expertise in the field of Chemistry and Process Engineering
- Combine theory with real-world applications
- Outstanding student support services in small groups as part of an internship
- Opportunity to focus on a specific field according to your interests or career goals.
Graduates in the field of chemistry are well-educated and have many career prospects, particularly exceptional positions requiring specialized education. Graduates of the program are highly sought-after and qualified to work in the following areas:
- Research & development at research institutions and/or chemical industry companies (petrochemical industry, food, paper, pulp, cosmetics industry, etc.), or related industries (pharmaceutical industries, biotechnologies, metallurgy, energy technology, etc.)
- Production in the chemical industry as well as related industries
- Chemical quality control
- Activities as an expert or consultant (such as for government agencies and offices in areas including environmental protection, worker and consumer protection, occupational safety)
As part of the Master’s degree program, students are required to complete courses totaling 120 ECTS credits in the following areas:
- Bridging Subject (BC)
- Electives (BC)
- Electives (TC)
- Chemical Technologies of Inorganic Materials
- Soft Skills
- Chemical Technologies of Organic Materials
- Process Engineering
- Autonomous Coursework (BC)
- Autonomous Coursework (TC)
- Master’s Thesis
- Master's Seminar/Final Comprehensive Master's Examination
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 27 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BA in Chemistry and Chemical Technology (formerly Chemistry, JKU), BA in Biological Chemistry, or an undergraduate degree program equivalent in content and scope
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Living costs for Linz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.