The Master in Environmental Meteorology at the University of Innsbruck also prepares for a further scientific career. Graduates can critically evaluate scientific and engineering approaches and advance certain areas within Environmental Meteorology.They can communicate their knowledge and results from their work to a wide range of audiences. They can critically evaluate results of their own work and those of others in their field and have sufficient knowledge of related disciplines (e.g. chemistry, statistics) to - if necessary - call in and understand experts in these fields.
Studying at both an Austrian and Italian university in English leads to the development of a heightened sensitivity and accompanying skills to deal with cultural and socio-economic aspects of scientific or technological solutions.
The Master Environmental Meteorology qualifies graduates to work, for example, in the public administration (e.g., environmental office and corresponding public institutions), meteorological services, the private sector (e.g., energy demand and predictions for hydro, wind and solar power, agriculture, forestry, hydrology) and other related areas where aspects of environmental meteorology are relevant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Meteorology and Climatology
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Measurements
- Environmental Physical Chemistry
- Air Pollution Modelling (Including Boundary Layer)
- Numerical Methods for Environmental Processes
- Biosphere, Atmosphere and Climate Interactions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 7 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
1) hold a bachelor or higher university degree awarded in Italy or other equivalent degree awarded abroad;2) have good knowledge of the English language, at least at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;3) have passed exams in the academic disciplines as indicated below, if holding a Bachelor degree from an Italian University.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All students must pay the Austrian Students’ Union fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.