Ecology and Conservation degree offered at University of Brighton prepares you either for a PhD or for industry-based work, as you gain experience with modern research methods and build on your theoretical knowledge of the subject area.Research interests of our department include:
- landscape ecology
- conservation biology
- human-wildlife conflict
- behaviour, ecology and conservation.
Graduates from this course are thoroughly equipped to enter a PhD programme in ecological science, as well as careers in industry and the public sector. The MRes provides well-rounded and practical training, plus the necessary transferable skills to prepare you for employment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research project
- Issues in Ecology and Conservation
- Advanced Taxonomy and Survey Skills
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- Applications in Geographic Information Systems
- Water Quality Analysis
- Microbiology, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Remediation
- Ecology and Conservation in Practice: Work Placement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 58 other Masters in Ecology in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 degree in a relevant subject. Students with a degree that does not fall within this category but who have significant relevant experience, will also be considered. All applicants should provide a full description of any research projects undertaken, relevant work experience and non-academic qualifications.
International15156 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15156 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6624 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6624 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.